A paint on sole conditioner especially helpful for foot odour in stabled horses.
Sole Paint has a somewhat sticky consistency similar to HoneyHeel but is thin enough to be painted onto the underside of the hoof and frog. It was designed when it was found that HoneyHeel, despite not having specific antifungal ingredients, was nearly as effective at eliminating foot odour as Sole Cleanse Spray due to its ability to stay in contact with the area longer (and the honey in it!). However it didn’t go very far at all so we needed another product that worked out less expensive to use but even more effective.
Due to it being a paint it can be made with a much higher concentration of Zinc Sulphate, Honey and add Zinc Oxide, Eucalyptus and Coconut oil to give it a very powerful effect. We recommend Sole Paint for stubborn foot odour and discolouration that can be treated at least weekly.
Sole Paint contains the following active ingredients:
- Green french clay– an antibacterial clay which gives the putty the perfect consistency.
- Bio-active honey– for its antibacterial, antifungal and antiseptic qualities and ability to make the putty sticky.
- Zinc oxide– a powerful, yet harmless antibacterial powder.
- Eucalyptus oil –as well as being an effective antibacterial and antifungal, this essential oil assists in the toughening of weakened structures.
- Zinc Sulphate– a powerful antibacterial which is also used in feed supplements.
- Coconut oil – antimicrobial and conditioning, helping to make a ‘paint’ like emulsion.
All the ingredients in Sole Paint are there to either have an antimicrobial effect or to improve the consistency and hence the longevity of its effect.
Should I use Sole Paint, Field Paste or Sole Cleanse?
Have a look at the table below for help on this, if you still cannot decide then email us!
|Sole Cleanse||Sole Paint||Field Paste|
|Ease of application||Spray on||Paint on||Hands|
|Cost / treatment||Lowest||Low||Medium|
|Frog growth effect||Low||Medium||High|
|Using on stabled horses||Good||Ideal||Not ideal|
|Using on field kept horses||Good||Not ideal||Ideal|
|Use for flushing cavities||Yes||No||No|